Ok, more like 9 and 1/2 months but I wanted to wait until after his doctor's appointment to get his measurements.
- He weighs 19lbs and is 28 1/2" long, putting him in about the 50th percentile for both. His head is 18 1/4" which I can only assume is off the charts since they don't get us a number for his head size anymore.
- He is still wearing his 9 month clothes and in size 3 diapers.
- Recently we went down to 3 bottles. One in the morning, one around 1:30pm and one right before bed. He has about 20oz total, sometimes more sometimes less.
- Eating is not an issue. He loves to eat and loves to feed himself. He has 3 'meals' now, which include a few finger foods.
- He loves graham crackers and likes puffs.
- In addition to the mama, dada & dog, Matt can get him to say Daddy.
- He still loves JJ best and will spontaneously crack up if the dog walks in the room.
- Scooting is still the main mode of transportation. He likes to scoot on his butt or moves around a bit with his belly on the floor....mainly going backwards. Someday he'll crawl...or just walk since he always wants to be standing.
- He got his first 2 teeth....teething is as terrible as everyone said it would be.
- Halleluiah we are on a semi regular schedule with 2 long naps! No more cat naps. He will take a morning nap at least an hour long and an afternoon nap 1 1/2-2 hours long. I can now understand why nap time is sacred.
- Brown Bear is still the favorite book, followed closely by The Very Hungry Catapiller.
- He is always jabbering and now likes to blow spit bubbles and make fart noises. He usually makes fart noises at appropriate times to let us know he is not impressed....which is kind of hilarious and kind of concerning for our future with this strong willed/nosy child.
- Everything and anything outside is still the greatest thing ever. He had his first boat ride and liked it once he got used to it. He also went swimming in the pool for the first time and decided he might like it.
- He still loves his jumper, but now he has a little piano thing that plays music and lights up when you hit the keys that is the bees knees.
- He has some baby exzema, but it shouldn't be an issue.
- We get kisses now. He will pull your face to his and give you the sweetest (maybe grossest) open mouthed kiss/lick combo. Yes, that harlot is already using tongue.
I know this isn't everything, but he is just growing by leaps and bounds and I just can't keep up. We are so blessed to be able to watch and help shape his personality. We love this little guy more and more everyday.
We saw a couple on their first trip to the pediatrician when we went for Zach's 9 month check up and that baby seemed so small already. It was just 9 short months ago that was us and as they were panicking and flustered me and Matt just smiled at each other like old pros remembering those days like they were way in the past. It's amazing how quickly it goes.....oh yeah, I'm totally going to cry all day on his 1st birthday ha!