Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Baby swing = miracles

Ok so we were a little late on this whole baby swing thing.  We have a small place and those suckers are huge and expensive.  We had the rocking, vibrating seat so why would we need a swing?  Oh man were we wrong.  Maybe in the beginning it would not have been as amazing as it is now, but now it is Zach's bff.  He LOVES the swing.  Around 7 weeks my mom watched him so I could go on a date with Matt and she about rocked the vibrating chair to its limit and suggested a swing.  Duh....little man loves to be moving, he has to always be moving and looking at new things or he gets bored and we hear about it (we hear that means he is smart, I think it just means he is nosy and stubborn like his parents).  I found a mega swing with music, a mirror, things that spin over head and is rocks like a cradle at Once Upon a Child (a used kids store, think goodwill only with kids stuff) pretty cheap, but covered in crayon.  I took a chance, brought it home and cleaned it up.  It works like new and Zach loves it.  He especially loves himself....he laughs and smiles at the baby he sees in the mirror a lot.....he may be a little narcissistic already, but I really don't care since it keeps him happy.  And holy cow I can put him down and do things like pee and eat lunch instead of just doing laps around the house holding him.  Life is good.
The baby swing also means I get to actually talk to my husband a little bit at night....so much cheaper then couples therapy or babysitting.

The swing through Zach's eyes....


Who is that baby...


...oh man he is handsome...


...and so funny....I love him....

No comments:

Post a Comment