Thursday, June 20, 2013

That time I did hot yoga

I tried hot yoga. I was offered a chance to try a class for free and said heck yes without knowing what it was...smart...

To prepare for this class I plucked my unibrow, posted a general Facebook question on what to wear, and googled the crap out of hot yoga. Come to find out hot yoga is just that....yoga in a super hot room. I was nervous to say the least.

I sweat more in that hour than I have in my previous 27 years combined. I sweat in places I didn't know could sweat. It was like I jumped into a pool of sweat. I really didn't think I was capable of that much sweat. I mean I work in a greenhouse. I've worked a 12 hour day in 90 degree heat in the greenhouses...I thought I was prepared....I was wrong.

Sweating aside, I think I liked the class. I was relaxed the entire hour and left feeling less stressed than I have in a long time. I think I would have felt the same in a room that wasn't on fire, but I'll just pretend I'm on the beach.

Final hot yoga verdict....give it a try, it may surprise you. Also, bring a towel to sit on in the car, you will leave a butt sweat mark on the seat of your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment