Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fact or myth part 2

"They could still go out if they wanted to, just get a babysitter it is not that hard."

I will admit this is some fact and some myth.

Myth: babysitters for tiny babies are not plentiful.  There are not many applicants rushing to my door to change the atomic poo diapers and get a handle on the faucet of drool that is my son.  And I might add, there are not many qualified babysitters.  Qualified is technically in the eye of the beholder and since I'm bat shit crazy this leaves few options (we'll revisit my crazy in the fact section).  This leaves my family in the area whom I trust completely.  I realize I'm very fortunate to have a lot of family within miles of my house, but sometimes they are busy or just tired of seeing us (just kidding mom, I know you can't get enough of Zach....enough of me and Matt yes, Zach no).  And you don't want to take advantage of your babysitters, especially the free family kind.  I want to stay in their good graces so no, I don't ask them to babysit every Saturday night because that is just rude and they might sign me up for AA or have an intervention or something.

Fact: I am crazy.  I probably could get a babysitter more then I do and go out more, true.  We have a lot of friends who are willing, but with their own families and commitments I don't want to put more on their plate.  My family would watch Zach more, but again, I'm crazy.  They have their own lives and already watch him a lot.  And you know what, sometimes I just don't want to go out.  Life is different and 8 times out of 10 I would rather hang out with the family at home and end the night with a glass of wine and a redbox movie with my husband.  So yes, I probably could get a babysitter more but I like being at home and I'm too crazy to find a babysitter outside of my family.

And then sometimes there is mom guilt where I would like to go out but feel like a bad mom leaving my man to cut loose....I'm working on it, it's a whole different discussion.

So the short answer is I'm crazy and probably could get a sitter more often, but sometimes there are just no options available.

No comments:

Post a Comment