Monday, February 27, 2012

Say What?!

I have come to find that I'm not the best dinner companion.  You know when you go out with friends or other adults and talk about current events and other popular topics.....I may have forgotten how to do that.  I currently stay home all day with the little guy so my day revolves around feedings, diaper changes, and naps.  If you want to discuss making baby food or how rice cereal dries like cement then I am your girl.  If you want to talk about the Oscars last night or the current political race I am going to look like an idiot.  I didn't even stay up to watch the Oscars.  I get up before the sun everyday now, I would rather have an extra hour of sleep then see the latest styles.  I have some funny stories that everyone can relate to about staying home and being a mom, but nobody really wants to hear about how much Zach is eating now and that I stuck my finger in poop....on accident....but still, I don't even want to talk to me.  

But being a mom is currently my full time job and I love it.  You tend to talk about a job you love, so I go on and on about schedules and rolling over.  And I really want to know how other people handle this job.  If there was a conference I would go....but there will never be because if moms went without the kids everyone would just sleep in and probably say screw it, and relax by the pool with a drink....I digress.

I am taking a pottery class so I remember how to talk to other adults.  I'm working on that balance of finding some time for myself to have hobbies.  And I will start working at the greenhouse full time again next week.  So instead of babies I can discuss farming and tomato plants.  I'm just a wealth of exciting conversation.

So if you talk to me and think to yourself, 'man, what has happened to her, she used to have thoughtful conversations', give me a little time.....you may be the only other adult I have talked to that day and I just need a few minutes to get back in the swing of things and pretend that I know what is going on in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment