Monday, October 21, 2013

Lets start over Monday


Today started with snotty toddler vomit.  The second round I caught with my hand....and it was worth it.  It was going to get on our new couch and I figured I would rather have a handful of vomit than a stinky, puke stained couch.

Once every one was settled and all medications passed out (JJ is still on more meds than a senior citizen) my first thought was, 'man I hope this is just drainage or something he ate so he can go to school tomorrow'.  I'm officially the worst stay at home mom ever.

To be fair, we are going on 10 days of post surgery needy dog and 1 week of ear infection toddler who gets up in the night and is crabby.  It has been a trying week and the puke was the icing on the cake.

But then I got to talk to an old friend and all about her 2 1/2 month old.  While I was chatting on the phone Zach climbed up in the chair with me, snuggled up, and let me rock him to sleep.  I sat there long after the conversation was over rocking and snuggling that little guy.  It has been a long time since he let me rock him like that.  Between that awesome feeling you get from  catching up with a friend and that awesome feeling of your toddler slowing down to rock with you, I was ready to take a deep breath and start over.

I'm not sure how long my patience will linger if JJ hits me with his cone again or Zach goes 'I hit mommy' one more time, but for now I'm starting over.  It may also be all the oatmeal cookies I ate instead of working out that put me back in my patient mom mode, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment