Saturday, August 18, 2012

11 Months

Like every month I can't believe we're this far along.  I guess the reality of having a 1 year old is finally hitting me right in my crazy mom face.  I didn't think I'd be this crazy and emotional, but lucky Matt, I sure am.  It is move in weekend for the local college so I'm at the store with Zach seeing all of these parents with their 18 year olds gearing up for their dorm days.  I actually thought (I didn't say it out loud, I'm not that crazy) I bet these parents see me and Zach and feel like it was just yesterday they had a baby, not they're moving their baby out......see total emotional crazy.  I will say I'm so glad I stuck with the blogging, even when I didn't want to or had to quickly do it between crying jags.  There is so much I already forget and those tiny baby days seem so far ago.

Ok, emotional crazy is over, here is where we're at....

Height and weight we're not sure, around 21 lbs and like 29".....these are our super scientific measurements with a tape measure and multiple scale attempts.

He is in size 3 diapers still, but we're still holding strong with mostly cloth diapers.

He is in all 12 month clothes.

He has 6 teeth, 4 on bottom and 2 on top, but I think we're getting ready for another round of teething....bring on the whiskey, for me not him

The kid can move.  He moves fastest when he is going for something he know he can't have.  He still crawls with his kick start leg sometimes....this is where instead of crawling on both knees he uses his right foot to push him along.

He loves pulling himself up then sitting back down.  He is standing on his own here and there and cruising around the furniture and anything else he can use.

He still sits on his butt and spins in circles.  It is funnier now because if he has something you want or he isn't supposed to have he will just keep turning away from you to keep it out of your reach.....way funnier when he was doing this with other kids and toys, way more frustrating when he has something of yours.

He still loves to hear himself talk and sing.  He says the dad, mama, JJ, dog, ball, & something that sounds like hey to get your attention and of course no with the dramatic head shake.

He likes to slap high five.

Favorite food is graham crackers and veggie patties....our kid the hipster with his veggie patties.

He will take formula from a cup, we're trying to figure out how that works in with his 3 bottles and 3 meals of the day, with a snack sprinkled in.

Napping.....the kid still hates to sleep and will play and talk in his crib for 20 minutes before giving in, but he is taking 2 solid naps again.

Sleeping is sleeping.  Some nights he does great, other nights he wakes up...not real sure what the issue is at this point or if it is more teeth coming.

He is so playful and loves the 30 year old busy board I got at a garage sale.  His favorite toy is probably the little wooden hammer and pegs, but anything outside is still king.

He is growing so much and becoming more and more of a little guy and less baby.  Prepare yourself for my tear soaked 1 year update....and of course pictures will come later since I'm behind and haven't taken them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment