I haven't done a Zach update post in quite some time. Since we went to the doctor last week for his 15 month check up I figured I would do a 15ish month check in.
- Good news, his body is growing into his head. His head size is not off the charts anymore, it is average wahoo.
- He is just under 22lb putting him in the 30th percentile for weight and approx. 31" putting him in the 50th percentile for height.
- We're still rocking the size 3 diapers. We are still doing cloth diapers, but are much less dedicated. Between the traveling and holidays we are hit and miss. We need to get back in the groove with the clothies.
- 18 month clothes. We still have to roll the pants, but the shirts fit great.
- Sleeping...11-12 hours at night and we're just transitioning to 1 nap for 2 hours....praise the lord. I really thought we'd never get to this place with the sleeping.
- Running, running, running. Remember when I was so anxious for him to crawl, then to walk....I take it back. Now being restrained in things like shopping carts and high chairs make him upset, he would much rather be running and he will not hold my hand and walk nicely through a store....no amount of bribery has worked yet.
- He is still a talker. He gets shy around people he doesn't know which is adorable since he just smiles at them and snuggles up to me. His vocabulary has grown leaps and bounds. His favorite words are no and cracker. We're particularly proud of him when he smiles at us, does something he knows he is not supposed to do, and yells no while doing it....the apple of our eye.
- Favorite toys are any sort of cars, or papa's car (trucks), or tractors (also called papa's cars occasionally to make things confusing). He loves to get on the floor and drive the cars complete with car noises. He also loves books still, especially the ones with flaps or that make noise, and weirdly enough a stuffed Woody doll he got for Christmas (he has never seen toy story). Of course Ba the blue bunny is still his go to best friend.
- Climbing has also become the greatest thing ever. He will climb the steps and on any toy or piece of furniture he can manage. His favorite things to climb is the chair in his room, and then climb up that to get on the big bed.
- Favorite food is still graham crackers. He still eats about anything, including eggs now. Every once in awhile he will get picky and reject vegetables.
- Tummy issues- we have struggles with gas and constipation issues always. It is still a struggle, but we believe pumpkin helps in combination with a super high fiber diet.
- He thinks the dog is hilarious and will yell for him at the door when he is outside. Zach still calls him dog dog instead of JJ.
- He had his first trip out of the country for Uncle Eric's wedding in Mexico and is an awesome little traveler. For this trip I made Matt trim off his rat tail/baby curls.
I just love this kid so much. He is looking more and more boy then baby, which breaks my heart a little bit. He gives hugs and kisses and uses his fork. I feel like he learns something new everyday and it is hard to keep up. I could go on for days, but these are the highlights. He is more into independent play and will tell me 'no mama' sometimes, which is nice but again a little heartbreaking. A little room to breath and get house things done has me missing my days of snuggling and sleeping in the chair together. We couldn't be more proud or happy of our little guy. I can't believe it has been so long since his first birthday party and so much has happened!
Not sure who is liking the tractor more...Zach or Daddy?
Hamster tunnel...I mean kids toy....success
This tent & tunnel combo was probably the cheapest present we bought, but has turned out to be the best money spent. If you have a wiggly toddler I recommend you go to Meijer and get yourself a $15 tent thing. Zach even lays in it, with Woody of course, and watches Thomas. He will now lay down when getting tired and needing just a little break instead of acting a fool and making himself crazy.
Happy boy....so ornery...