Saturday, March 23, 2013

Going to the big D....Daycare

Going to the big d & don't mean Dallas. Daycare started this week. We decided to take Zach to daycare 3 days a week while I work at the greenhouse. We figured he would benefit from the socialization & the padded toddler proof rooms since he often acts like we give him red bull for breakfast.

Little guy has been handling it ok. The first day I dropped him off he just took off & started playing with cars.....I of course cried all the way home. The next time he cried and clung to my leg. Nothing breaks your heart like walking out the door to the sound of your child crying & yelling mama...I definitely had some second thoughts about daycare that morning & had to call Matt to talk me down....and cried all the way home.

In my mind I know he'll benefit from a few days a week with other kids & an entire day of activities based around him, but man it was harder than I thought it would be. Some of the crazy concerns I had during the first day- what if he cries all day (he didn't cry that day when I dropped him off), what if he poops (they are a daycare & well equipped to handle diapers), what if they forget to give him Ba, food, water, you name it (apparently I was worried that Zach is invisible).

I don't regret taking him. As much as he needs to adjust I need to as well. I must admit I think I really like working part time. It's the best of both worlds. I realized how much I missed working and I'm not as hard on myself at home. The goal for next week is to stop crying on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment